It’s been half a year, let’s see where I stand with my 2019 goals:
- lose some weight. ideally about 40 lbs but in reality, anything would be good. shooting for at least 25 lbs
- take more photos. not just of the family, but of the world in general.
- finish (restart) that novel I’ve been working on for the past decade.
clear out some of the toothbrushes in our bathroom. there are four of us, but seven toothbrushes. that doesn’t seem to add up.
- join a gym (or something like that) so I actually have to leave the house. and have to exercise.
- throw out all of those socks with holes in them. and maybe my boxers with holes as well. and t-shirts too I guess.
- eat better. less soda and sugary snacks and more water and healthy snacks.
- take the Hybrid to a soccer game since I have been promising to take him to a game since, oh I don’t know, he was five maybe.
- not spend money of frivolous things. I need to spend it on good things, like a gym. and new socks and boxers and t-shirts.
- not let people and circumstances get to me. try to have more patience. keyword: try.
- do some more DIY projects around the house. because things need work.
- blog more stuff. get this thing going. maybe add a youtube channel of me doing DIY stuff around the house. because people need to laugh.
- more together family time.
- more haikus.
get the battery of my watch replaced. it’s only been about 6 months. give or take.
- less of the facebook. much less. nothing of real emergency happens there so I shoud be able to lower the time I’m on it.
- convince Hyrbid 2 that I really am Batman.
- learn how to prioritze better.
so far, two items checked off the list. i’ve been trying to be better at spending time with the family; yesterday we went to see some fireworks in the neighboring town.
got the watch battery fixed. turns out the watch died. so this item was a bust.
I have some diy projects coming up later in the summer. I need to tear down the wallpaper in the foyer and then paint the walls. I need to fix the ceiling fan in the rec room because that hasn’t worked in about a year.
Blogging has obviously been downplayed recently. I haven’t posted as often as I’d like but I hope to rememdy that soon.
As for the other items, I’ll see about getting to them in this life time.